In 1945, Billy Sianis was asked to leave the World Series due to the smell of his pet goat. Out of anger, he declared that the Cubs wouldn’t win anymore. While many chalk the Curse of the Bill Goat to superstition, the Chicago Cubs haven’t won a World Series since 1908. In fact, they haven’t made it to a World Series since that fateful year. That’s all going to change this year! Here are five reasons why, at Bill Walsh Kia, we believe this is the year the Chicago Cubs will break the curse!
- Talent – First and foremost, manager Joe Maddon has done a great job putting together the team. Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo, together known as Bryzzo, and Javy Baez are posted in the infield. Dexter Fowler is one solid outfielder and Aroldis Chapman, although in the bullpen, boasts a left arm that can throw at over 100 mph!
- Confidence – Thanks in part to the sheer amount of talent on the team, the Chicago Cubs can take the field with confidence that they’re the best of the best.
- Leadership – We’ve already said how great of a job Joe Maddon has done putting the team together and managed the season. There’s little doubt he’ll play a major role in how the Cubs play in the playoffs!
- Competition – There are few teams that can match the talent of the Chicago Cubs and that alone gives them a distinct advantage.
- Motivation – The Chicago Cubs have gone more than 60 years without playing in a World Series. That’s enough motivation for any player to pull out a win each and every game.