One of the most frequent services that your vehicle requires is an oil change. The process of changing your vehicle’s oil can be tricky if you aren’t familiar with what to do. Fortunately, our service team here at Bill Walsh Kia has assembled step-by-step instructions on how to do an oil change.
- Start your vehicle’s engine in order to warm up the oil already inside.
- Lay a large sheet of plastic out on the ground.
- Move you vehicle so that the engine is situated above the plastic sheet that you have laid out.
- Lift your vehicle using a jack.
- Set jack stands in place.
- Using the jack, lower the vehicle.
- Smear fresh oil onto the vehicle’s filter gasket.
- Remove the drain plug in order to get the oil inside your engine flowing.
- Remove the old oil filter from your vehicle’s engine.
- Replace the old oil filter with a new one.
- Tighten down a new gasket onto the plug.
- Carefully add the fresh oil to your vehicle’s engine.
- Recycle the old oil.
- Raise the vehicle off of the ground with a jack.
- Remove the jack stands.
- Lower the vehicle back onto the ground.
- Remove your vehicle from the work area.
- Clean your work area.
If you would rather have somebody else change your engine oil, feel free to bring your vehicle down to Bill Walsh Kia and let our service team handle all of your oil-changing needs!